Back to the town of Loro Ciuffenna
Tourism in Loro Ciuffenna
The Medieval village of Loro Ciuffenna
The village of Loro Ciuffenna rises within the remains of its Medieval walls and its ancient fortifications.
It develops along a main road passing through the town from east to west that once joined the two gates of the town.
In the oldest part of the town rises the Saint Mary's Assumption Church, in whose inside it is possible to admire a fine triptych portraying an "Our Lady and Saints" painted by Lorenzo di Bicci (1350-1427) and an "Annunciation" by Carlo Portelli (1508-1574).
The Municipal Palace hosts the Museum entitled to "Venturino Venturi", being this latter a famous sculptor born in Loro Ciuffenna. The museum illustrates the artist's life by exhibiting drawings and sculptures made by the same.
Very interesting is also the Our Lady of the Humility Basilica, placed along the eastern edge of the town. The religious building is entirely decorated with frescoes portraying Biblical subjects and inside the Pity Chapel, close to the Basilica, it is possible to admire a "Pity" painted by Carlo Portelli (1508-1574).